NCYSA Classic Council Minutes
October 19, 2003
Attendance: Steve Halstead TCYSA, Ralph Wager IRSL, Demp Bradford GYSA, Frank Gavigan BAYSA, Robert Lineback NCYSA, Mark Oates FVAA, Dee Hanlin WOW, Susan Christenbury WOW, Chuck Smith HFC, Robert Vranek NMYSA, Gary Olive KSA, Don Scarborough PSA, Jeff Thomas CSC, Wes Wright ABYSA/HFC, Bill Furjanic NCYSA, Chris Widener TASC, John Dicks JYL, Carl Harris D/CH, Jay Howell CASL, John Cirillo TriFC, Todd Wright CSA, William Finneyfrock CUFC
Quorum was determined. Robert Linebeck, Exec. V.P. of NCYSA, facilitated the meeting.
Minutes for July 26, 2003 were approved.
- Bracketing (Restructuring) Committee – There has been no action with this committee since the spring. The Classic Council requested that the committee meet by December. The members of the committee are: Mike Priest NCYSA, Mark Moore NCYSA, Steve McCoy FVAA, Dale Altman JASA, Jay Howell CASL, Mike Milazzo CASL, Sean Bubb CSC, Mike Rottjakob HFC, Andre’ Burger NCYSA, Chris Brewer TCYSA, Lori Leeder NCYSA, and a new member – Donna Gibson from IRSL.
- Assignor Fees/Field Fees for hosting neutral site games. A motion was made by Frank Gavigan (BAYSA), seconded by Ralph Wager (IRSL) and passed that a statement will be added to the intent to play which will read, “My team is willing to play neutral site matches at a team cost of $35.00 ($70.00 total) which will be collected by NCYSA at the end of the season and forwarded to the associations that are offering the neutral sites.” The purpose of this motion is to allow teams to choose to travel or to lessen the costs and time of travel by allowing associations to play in neutral locations. Associations will be asked on their Field Registration Forms if they are willing to submit fields as neutral sites if they know that they are going to be reimbursed for the usage. This process will be used as much as possible but is restricted by how many associations submit neutral fields. If teams don’t opt for paying for the neutral sites they will not be scheduled on them. This motion will need approval at the AGM in Jan. 2004 so will not be in effect until Fall 2004.
- Small-sided games were discussed by Bill Furjanic.
- There was discussion of extending the playing season for U13 and below past the Fall State Cups. More discussion in the spring.
- Classic Maps were requested.
- The motion from Rich Winslow to modify the NCYSA Classic schedule for the U18 women who also participate in Region III Premier failed.
- A motion was passed that there will be a $100 non-refundable fee to accompany any formal appeal in the Classic program. This will need approval from the AGM. (we’d like the AGM to pass a motion that the Classic appeal fee is the same as the other programs, so if $100 isn’t the right number we’d like it to be consistent).
- A motion was passed that if a team folds within 2 weeks of the beginning of the first play date of the season that there will be a $500 fine. This will need approval from the AGM.
- The Soccer Show will be Saturday, January 3, 2004 at the Greensboro Coliseum.
- The mandatory Classic Premier Scheduling meeting for the Spring 2004 season for U14 men and women and U15 – U18 men will be held at the NCYSA offices on Sunday January 25, 2004 at 11:00 a.m.
- Classic Intent to Plays will be mailed out around Dec. 1 st and due back Dec. 22 nd.
- The Classic Council has given authority to the Classic Administrator to enforce the 3-week rescheduling rule by forfeiting late scheduled games, if necessary.
- Next Classic Council meeting will be decided in November when the BOD meets.