NCYSA Classic Council Minutes
October 20, 2002
Attendance: Reggie Dailey RCYSA, Lee Lyles, Jeff Thomas, Ben Parry CSC, Tim Combs TASC, Rich Winslow, Demp Bradford GYSA, John Cirillo TRIANGLE FC, Jerry Healy PGSC, Brian Martindale BAYSA, Larry Townley CSA, Ridge deWitt CVYSA, Robert Vranek NMYSA, Dave Abbruzzese TCYSA, Howie Thompson, George Dubay D/CH, John Bagwell GUSC, Suzanne Hanlin WOW, Chris Brewer TCYSA, Gary Hoilett CUFC, Mike Rottjakob ABYSA.
Quorum was determined.
Minutes for June 8, 2002 were approved with the addition that RCYSA was represented at the June 8, 2002 meeting and was not included in the list of attendees.
- Discussion of the 3 week rule for rescheduling matches, which became effective for Fall 2002. This rule states that teams must fill out their paperwork and have it in to NCYSA at least 3 weeks prior to the originally scheduled match date. It was motioned and passed that the 3 week rule remain with the ability of NCYSA to use its discretion in allowing teams to make changes up to two weeks before the originally scheduled match date. Anything submitted or requested with less than 2 weeks notice must have a very compelling reason and then must have specific approval from the VP of Classic.
- Discussion of the NCYSA motion that passed 12/2/2001 which states that Associations must meet the field requirements as stated in the Classic Handbook. For every field short there will be a $3500 fine. This quorum wants this rule enforced immediately to those associations that submit fields that are non-existent or that the association doesn’t have the right to submit. Mike Priest, VP of Classic, will address this with the Executive Board in November. Beginning with the Spring 2003 season this rule will appear on the NCYSA Classic Field Registration form and associations that submit non-existent or fields that games can’t be scheduled on, will be fined.
- Region III Premier report. There was a report by Andre’ Burger stating the changes/improvements that will be put in place for next year’s program. Pairings, venues, dates, and fields will be determined earlier. A proposal for the NCYSA U-15/18 boys to have some Region III Premier League matches scheduled in the spring is under consideration but this would require some level of reciprocation by playing a few matches in the fall. Region III Premier League is planning to offer a U-14 boys schedule in the spring of 2003. Guest Players within the same club were allowed to play on different teams within that club this fall. The concept has received mixed reviews, with most coaches heavily in favor, but a few, and some parents, concerned that the amount of playing time can become too high in a 24-48 hour period.
- Discussion that men’s premier U-15 through U-18 will have a meeting on Dec. 14 th in order to facilitate their spring schedule. A preliminary schedule will be drawn up and they can reschedule amongst themselves that night only. When they leave that night’s meeting, they may only reschedule one more match using the rescheduling procedure and form during the season.
- Upcoming Classic Council Meeting Dates: Sun. 4/13, and Sat. 7/26.
- Discussion of relationship between Classic and Challenge.
- The NCYSA Southern Soccer Show will be January 4, 2003, followed by the AGM the next morning, January 5, 2002.
- A question was raised on the status of a revised recruiting policy that is understood to be under evaluation by the Executive Board. Andre’ Burger has agreed to bring it up at the next Executive Board meeting.
Meeting was officially adjourned.