D LICENSE – Course Description
The 36-hour long course covers the principles of coaching 13–14 year olds. It introduces coaches to the fundamentals of planning weekly training sessions, gives primary examples of what 13–14 year old athletes should focus on and offers coaches individual feedback from on-field coaching.
"Each of our courses are broken into specific target outcomes that we want our coaches to master. These target outcomes are carefully sequenced in order to match the courses with team and developmental age-appropriate coaching methods. Our target is for the coach to gain a better understanding of Principles of Play and how to plan a sequence of training and weekly cycles to complete a season plan,” said U.S. Soccer Director of Coaching Development Dave Chesler.
"D” License Target Outcomes
Learn how to effectively teach the 13–14 year old athlete and team.
Understand the characteristics and needs of an athlete in the Intermediate Stage of our Athlete Development Model.
Teach the Principles of Play in a training environment (7 vs. 7 to 9 vs. 9).
Apply the Principles of Play to functional group roles in a full team system.
<>·Plan a sequence of training and weekly cycles to complete a season plan.
Length of Course
Expectations of Candidates
Bring appropriate soccer attire and writing materials to take notes etc
After completing the first weekend, coaches will then take what they learned into practice with their clubs, teams and players. Coaches will be required to wait a minimum of ten weeks or a season before returning for the second weekend, now called the "Performance Review”.
Explanation of Phases
Certificate of Completion for the CDC Concussion Course – Click Here
2nd Weekend: (after waiting the required ten weeks or a season)
Coaching Themes For Pre-Course and Deliberate Practice – Click Here!
Submitting of Practice Plan Documents to:
NCYSA Coaching Education Department
Mail: PO Box 18229, Greensboro, NC 27419
- Practical Coaching/Field Exam
- Oral Exam
- Written Test that covers:
Care & Prevention of Injuries
Laws of the Game
Grading of Candidates
- Pass = National "D” License (eligible to attend a USSF National "C” course after a minimum 1-year waiting period)
- NR = State "D” Certificate (must re-test to receive National "D”)
- Must receive a National "D” license and wait a minimum of 1 year before attending a USSF National "C” License course
- Fail (must re-take "D” course)
- $165.00 for a NCYSA Member/ $175.00 for a Non-member
- Must have "E” license for 6 months before you can attend the "D” course
- More information Click Here!