Our mission is to foster the physical, mental, and emotional growth of amateur youth in the state of North Carolina, regardless of race, gender, religion, color, ethnic heritage, or ability, through the sport of soccer at all levels of age and competition by establishing programs and activities that focus on the development, promotion, teaching, and administration of the game of soccer among amateur youth.
NC Youth Soccer Association (NCYSA), as a member of US Youth Soccer, the governing body of Youth Soccer in the United States; we can offer the following programming:
- USYS Sanctioned Tournaments
- National Championship Series
- USYS National League
- USYS National Awards
To enhance our program offerings, NCYSA has 6 Key Values that are our areas of importance:
Recreation is the Foundation of NCYSA
- Recreation – Strives to promote an emphasis on PARTICIPATION, not COMPETITION and help children understand this is the “Game for All Children”.
- Voice in Governance – President of each member association will be involved in the proposing and voting on all rules and policies pertaining to NCYSA.
- Administrative Assistance – NCYSA Office Staff can assist you with all your needs.
- Insurance – NCYSA provides every registered player, coach, and referee with supplemental medical insurance as well as certificates of liability insurance for fields/facilities used by registered NCYSA players.
- Risk Management – Utilizing the KIDSafe program to make sure our players are safe by requiring background searches and SafeSport Training for coaches, team managers, administrators, and volunteers.
- Player Registration – Entry point for all programs and advantages of NCYSA.
- Discipline & Appeals Process – Understanding of “due process”.
Levels of Play
- Recreation – Teams are not formed through tryouts and the emphasis is placed on FUN and participation.
- Competitive – Highest level of play and is divided into Premier League, First Division, Second Division, and Third Division. Overseen by NCYSA Staff.
- Coaching – Coaching education through US Soccer.
- Referee – North Carolina Soccer Referee Association offers various referee education classes.
- Administration – Classes for Certified Head Registrars/Assistant Registrars, Risk Management Coordinators, and Discipline & Appeals Coordinators are held annually as well as throughout the year.
- AGM/Workshops – Annual General Meeting and various educational opportunities.
- Site Visits – To work with you on the growth and development of your club with any challenges you might be facing.
- US Soccer’s Player Development Initiatives – Using the recommended game models for each level of play from 4U to 13U & older
- Website – Current news, announcements, information, etc.
- Social Media Platforms – Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram
- Monthly Newsletters – From various departments within NCYSA.
If you have any questions, please email Joette Kivett, Administrator for New Membership or call 336-856-7529 ext. 235.