Skip to Main Content

The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.

Registration Overview

Welcome to the NCYSA Registration page. Please browse the links at right for more information. Frequently used documents are listed below. Below the documents are FAQ's you may find useful.

IMPORTANT:Questions should be first directed to your local Registrars. They have been trained and certified by NCYSA to handle your club's registration!

Please contact Lisa Nellis, or Cindy Lineback with questions regarding registration.

FORMS Q&A (forms are linked below)

Age Chart – this is the chart used by US Youth Soccer and NCYSA to determine the registration age group for players

NCYSA Waiver – the NCYSA waiver must be completed each seasonal year for players in Academy, Challenge and Classic.  Associations may require a copy for recreational players.

NCYSA Waiver (Spanish) 

International Clearance – FIFA and US Soccer requires completion of an International Clearance for all foreign born and foreign born/US citizens.  Once completed, it will be good for the player’s soccer career in the US.  Parents should contact their local head registrar for more information and supporting documents/form required. 

Guest Player for Out of Association Playerthis form is used when an NCYSA registered player in one NCYSA association wishes to guest play in a tournament/friendlies/training with a team in a different NCYSA association during the seasonal year.  Guest players are not allowed for league play.  This is also not used when the player or team is out of NC – Interstate Permission is then used.

Interstate Permission Formthis form is used for the following situations:
               1.  Players who reside in NC:
                              a. Want to play their league season for a team in another state             
                              b. Want to play with an out of state team in a tournament
                              c.  Will be relocating (e.g. family moving) to another state

               2.  Players who reside outside of NC:
                              a. Want to play their league season with an NCYSA team
                              b. Want to guest play with an NCYSA team for a tournament
                              c.  Have moved or will move to NC and currently registered to another state
                              d. Want to tryout/participate in ODP in NC

Eligibility Clearance, Youth/Senior – to be completed if a youth player wishes to play an unlimited number of adult games and still retain his/her youth eligibility.  For players who have not reached their 19th birthday before De. 31 of the current seasonal year.

College-Student Athlete - In our awareness of the NCAA rules relating to Outside Competition and how this could affect the student- athlete’s eligibility, every player currently playing for or has been recruited by a college to play in the fall of the seasonal year is REQUIRED to complete a Student-Athlete Eligibility Form and have it signed by the authorized official from their institution (head coach or NCAA Compliance Officer).  This does not apply to college club teams, intramurals – teams not covered under NCAA rules. Student-Athlete Eligibility Letter is linked here.

How Is My Son/Daughter Registered as a Part of NCYSA?

Each local association registers its players with NCYSA.  NCYSA produces the player passes and rosters and sends them to the local association.  As part of a player’s registration, supplemental insurance is provided should a player incur an injury in a NCYSA/USYS sanctioned event.

What is the Validation of a Pass?

NCYSA issues new player passes to the association registrar each seasonal year.  The registrar meets with each player - confirming the player’s name, photo, date of birth, and jersey number are accurate on the pass. Once that process is completed, the player is bound to that team for the seasonal year. 

How Can a Player Leave a Team? We are Moving Across the State.

Any time a player needs to leave a team during the seasonal year, the parent needs to contact the coach first and then contact the registrar to obtain a release form. The release form must be signed by the parent and returned to the registrar.  The registrar then sends the release to NCYSA for processing.  Once processed, the parents will receive a copy of the release and cover letter.  The player and parent may not talk with/participate with a new NCYSA association until parents receive a copy of the processed release. The player may subject to a 2-game sit out and additional fees if the player was a classic player moving to a classic team in another association.  Parents should contact the local registrar for information.

Can a Player Play on More Than One Team?

Yes, but there are restrictions as to the gender, age group and level of play and dependent on the local association’s rules for dual rostering.  A player on two teams may not play for more than one team on a given day. Example:  player is dual registered on a 14U team and a 15U team.  Both teams have a game on a Saturday.  Player and coaches must choose on which team he/she may play.

My Son/Daughter was Born Outside of the US and I have Been Asked to Complete Additional Paperwork. Why?

FIFA, the  international governing body for soccer, requires that any foreign-born player, must complete paperwork.  This paperwork   is sent ONLY to US Soccer Federation and FIFA. Contact your local registrar for the proper forms to complete.

We Live on the Border of NC and Another State and My Son/Daughter Wishes to Play in the Other State for League Play.

Players who wish to play league play in another state must complete an Interstate Permission Form and pay the fee of $10.  The form may be obtained on the NCYSA website. Once parent completes the form and makes the payment, NCYSA will then send the form to the other state for its approval.

*Beginning with the 2020-21 season payment may be made by credit card, but parents will need to contact NCYSA for the link for payment.

**Players wishing to play in another state for the fall but wishes to return to NC in the spring must complete the Interstate Permission form to return to NC.  If the player was a rostered player on an NCS Cup team in the other state, the player may not participate in NCYSA NCS State Cup.

My Son/Daughter Wants to Guest Play for a Team From Another NCYSA Association in a Tournament.

The guest coach should contact the player’s regular coach first to ensure that the player’s team does not have a prior commitment. The guest team will use the NCYSA Guest Player Form for Out of Association Players and have both coaches sign and the home association registrar stamp and sign form. The team on which the player will play must be a registered team with a USYS member.

My Son/Daughter Who is on an NCYSA Team has been Asked to Guest Play for a Team Outside of NC in a Tournament.

Parent must complete the Interstate Permission Form and submit it to NCYSA.  NCYSA will send the form to the guest team’s state association for its approval. Note:  Parents must make sure that the guest team is a US Youth Soccer team and not registered through another youth organization.