There are other soccer organizations that are members of the United States Soccer Federation but are not members of US Youth Soccer. Examples include AYSO, SAY, USSSA, or US Club. These organizations may offer competitions (tournaments or friendly games) that are sanctioned through their organization, but not through US Youth Soccer.
**As with ALL tournaments, the team attending a tournament MUST check the Permission to Host form on the tournament’s website to determine the hosting/sanctioning organization.
If attending a NON-USYS sanctioned tournament, either in-state or out of state, your team must be aware of the following information:
- The use of NC Youth Soccer player passes, rosters and medical waivers is prohibited at non-NCYSA/USYS Sanctioned events. Because of this, the team will receive a Team Information Page which lists the players and date of birth of the players with a statement that players are registered to NCYSA.
- NCYSA Insurance and Liability Coverage as a part of player’s NCYSA registration applies to NCYSA/USYS sanctioned competitions only. If attending a non-USYS sanctioned event, either in-state or out-of-state, please make sure all parents are aware that the NCYSA Supplemental insurance will not be in effect for this competition.
- Contact the hosting organization regarding insurance coverage for their event.
- If the non-sanctioned event is out-of-state, NCYSA cannot approve a USYS Notification to Travel form, nor does the non-sanctioned event have the authority to require this approval, since the event is not sanctioned by USYS. A Team Information Page is used.
- Always know who is sanctioning the competition. Approved or “sanctioned” competitions should provide a form signed by an official of the hosting organization. This document is usually called an “Application/Permission to Host” and will list the name of the hosting organization and sanctioning body. This should be posted on the tournament’s website.
There is a $15.00 administrative fee when requesting this information.
Click tab for Non-USYS Sanctioned Tournaments.